Get your document legalized

You can get certain official home documents ‘legalized’ by asking the Legalization Office in your country to confirm that the signature, stamp or seal is from a public official from your country.

You might need to do this if an official in another country has asked you to provide a document and they have said it must be legalized.

The Legalization Office will check the document and verify that the signature, stamp or seal are genuine. They will legalize the document by attaching a stamped official certificate (an ‘apostille’) to it. Read more