Investment Visa

Investment Visa for Non-EU Foreigners

Non-EU foreigners who propose to enter Spanish territory with the purpose of investing significant capital may apply for a stay visa or in its case residency for investors.

Investment of significant capital in case of Real Estate will be:

The purchase of Real Estate in Spain with an investment of 500,000 € or more per applicant. This could be

one or several properties that reach that figure free of charges.

How to prove the investment.

The following requirements will be complied with for the granting of the residence visa:

In the case of Real Estate Investment the applicant must prove by certificate from the Property Registry showing the acquisition of the property.  The certificate will incorporate an electronic code for it to be verified online.

If when applying for a visa the property is pending inscription it will be sufficient that the certificate shows the current entry of the acquisition document with proof of payment of acquisition taxes.

The applicant must prove the investment in real estate of 500,000 € free of charges and encumbrances  and any excess of that the applicant may be charged.

Investment of significant capital and other cases will be any that comply with the following;

a) An investment of 2 or more million Euros in Public Spanish Bonds or 1 or more million Euros in shares of Spanish companies or bank deposits.

b) A business project in Spain considered of public interest for which compliance with at least one of the following conditions will be valued.

1. Job creation

2. An investment of economic and social impact in the geographical area where it is to be developed.

3. Contribution of relevant and or scientific innovation.

3. A foreign applicant will be equally considered if it is done through a legal entity with a domicile not

considered as a fiscal paradise according to Spanish legislation and of which the applicant directly or indirectly has the majority of the voting rights and has the capacity to dismiss the majority of the board of director’s members.

How to prove the investment.

For the residence visa

In case of the above point, a) the applicant must prove he has made the investment required in a period of no more than 60 days as from the application in the following way:

1. In case of investment in shares which are not publicly quoted you have to present the declaration of the investment at the Registry of Foreign Investments in the Ministry of Economy and Competitiven

2. In case of investment in shares which are publicly quoted you have to present a certificate from the broker duly registered with the Stock Market National Commission or the Bank of Spain in which it is